Wednesday, April 26, 2006

If You Give A Cop A Doughnut Then He'll Want a Cup Of Tea...

So, I had heard a rumor that Krispy Kreme indeed had a store in Sydney, somewhere near the Wynyard train station. Since I was already out walking around while watching the parades, I thought I'd hunt for it.

Unfortunately, I was having no luck. However, since some of the streets were still roped off from the parade, I decided to test the theory of the "universal doughnut detector". Yep, I asked a couple of cops who were working the parade - and they gave me concise directions to the Krispy Kreme two blocks away.


As a token of my appreciation, I brought a couple of hot doughnuts back for them. Obligatory Note To Police Captain: Though they graciously agreed to pose with the doughnuts in the photo, they certainly did not improperly accept any sort of gratuity. Why, that would be a violation of protocol, and everyone who knows me knows that I would certainly never encourge anyone to violate protocol. Not me. Never. Unh unh. No way.

As an aside, the dougnuts are wicked expensive there. Though they taste the same as back home, expect to pay $2AUS per doughnut, or $12.90AUS for a dozen glazed. Yikes! I guess when you're that expensive, it justifies this pre-order form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home